A panic at six-and-a-half months post procedure (DEC 2020)

 

Alternating heart beat 6.5 mths pa

    Had the ablation 6.5 months ago. Had a few periods of tachycardia, but hotter monitor showed nothing major. Had four episodes which lasted longer and I needed  a dose of PIP.

This week I've been rushing around and have probably done too much and yesterday morning I felt really tired and lightheaded. Lunchtime I noticed my heart was alternating between fast and normal every 20 secs or so (sometimes 2 sometimes 57 secs of each, all totally randomly). Eventually I took my PIP and felt better once it worked, but then last night we were out (!) And had a nice meal, (but not stupidly big) and begun to feel very faint. It last about 20 minutes and I realised my heart was now going normal and really slow! It settled down later and was okay all night as far as I can tell.

·         But today the fast/normal thing is happening again and I feel lightheaded and tired again, but I am reluctant to take the PIP and risk, the low heart rate!

·         Post-script  -the Arrythmia nurses at Papworth said it was nothing to worry about!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 2023 Unhappy New Year

Something Good to report!

A Layperson's look at Scientific papers about Afib and Exercise