Getting over a cryo-ablation - report six months post procedure (NOV 2020)

Cryoablation feedback after six months

All was going well until a few weeks ago when I had two episodes of fast heart rate which required a pill in the pocket intervention to calm down. I took that after 15 mins and it worked after 15 minutes. Luckily although I've been having fast HR episodes about 5 times per day none have lasted longer than 1-7 minutes. Papworth arranged for me to wear a 48 hour monitor so shall have to wait and see what that shows.

Other than that all is good. I'm cycling once per week and riding my electric assisted bike once per week. I've used the rowing machine a bit, and I'm on my third week of couch to 5k running (I call it running but its really shuffle 1-2 mins, walk 1-1.5 mins).

So to sum up, for the sporty ablation patient, I was able to the following at these stages (and the Arrythmia nurses reassured me that I was doing the right thing by being active)

Pilates, yoga, stretching after 4 weeks,

Weight training, lighter than usual, after 5 weeks, though I had to cut back to half and build it up again after 2 months.

Electric bike after 9 weeks, manual bike after 16 weeks,

Rower after 17 weeks

Running after 5 months, just a few bits of jogging while walking at first. Walking I was able to do after about a week, but very little.

It took three months to be able to walk briskly again like i used to. Took 4 months to begin to feel well again and not knackered all the time and so far it has taken six months to feel 95% recovered. Now I'm just unfit! I even had to go on a diet to lose a stone of flab I put on while inactive!

I'm only on an anticoagulant as I came off amiadarone after 4.5 months.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 2023 Unhappy New Year

Something Good to report!

A Layperson's look at Scientific papers about Afib and Exercise