Getting over a cryo-ablation - three month post procedure (AUG 2020)

Three month post-ablation report

This might help some people to know what to expect on the fitness side...

Finally! Some improvement! I had been struggling to walk more than a mile but now I can walk up to 4.5 with rests or 2.2 non-stop!! Legs get a bit jellyfied if I go too quickly but I think that is lack of fitness!

I've been riding my ebike on the lowest setting and have done up to 14 miles like that. I still have to be careful of doing too much on consecutive days so because I have been doing more cardiovascular stuff I have cut back on the weights and pilates but continued the yoga! If I do too much I have days of quite bad fatigue.

Struggled in that heat in August, I'm not usually affected so much by it, but I expect it was all connected.

Sleep is still erratic at times, that may be the amiodorane. I hope to come off that when I have my three month review. I also hope to be able to drink (in moderation) again then as I miss my Friday night wine and holiday cider more than I expected!

Someone on the AFA forum suggested my tiredness could be the under-active thyroid - and yes, because my ULH (Useless Local Hospital) cut my thyroxine last time I was in (not because it was high, just to make it look like they were doing something I think !) it was too low so that's now sorted out.

I had expected to be running, cycling, hiking and working (fitness instructor) by now, but at least there is now a light at the end of the dark ablation tunnel - let's just hope it's not a train coming - ha ha). I'm reckoning on another 2 or even 3 months before I am back to 100% fitness. I hope so because I need to lose the stone I have gained during all this!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 2023 Unhappy New Year

Something Good to report!

A Layperson's look at Scientific papers about Afib and Exercise