More panics at eight months post procedure! (JAN 2021)

·         Weird heart beat like it will stall!!!!!

·         So now I'm again getting spells where my heart goes really slow, then sort of 'stalls' as if it going to stop and then goes back to a normal rhythm. It makes me feel sort of jittery and a bit breathless which is how I spotted it. I had it a month or so ago and the arrythmia nurses said it was nothing to worry about so I'm trying to ignore it, but it makes me feel quite listless and tired when it is happening.

·         I'm only taking magnesium and apaxiban at the mo, and I had an ablation eight months ago. I can do normal things, like running and chores, but as I say it makes me feel pretty odd. 

 

        AND THEN>>>>>

·  

          Taking forever to recover from illness 8mths pa

·          

·        So I've also had an underactive thyroid since 1998 and I take Levothyroxine 125 mcg daily. It appears that every time I get ill it takes me forever to recover my full vitality. I'm very sporty (running, cycling, weight training hiking etc) and it drives me mad that if I ever catch the slightest cold its weeks before I can train again - sometimes up to 7-9 weeks! By which time my fitness is rubbish! I also find I'm suddenly run out of energy when doing something like cleaning the house.

·        I don't know if this is typical of a thyroid problem? I do know that HHT, Afib and under-active thyroid do seem to go together!

·       Secondly, I'm eight months post ablation for a cardiac ablation to correct atrial fibrillation. As usual it took me forever to get over it and it was five months before I cautiously recommenced running again. All was going well then suddenly I must have done too much (even though I felt brilliant! ) and for the last 2-3 weeks I feel exhausted. I'm reduced to tiny little strolls again and have a raging sore throat some days. Heart is functioning fine so its not that and I've been isolating for months so not Covid19.

·         I also realised (oops) that I've been taking my thyroxine later than before (lockdown routine!) with a cuppa tea which I now realise/remember is a major no-no plus it has been a new brand (aristo). Could that trio of new brand, tea and overdoing things lead to me feeling washed out because of the thyroid too? Someone once told me that having, effectively, an 'artificial' thyroid production means the body does not react well enough to stressors whether illness or fatigue , is this true? It sounds plausible.  

    And why does no doctor ever know any of this stuff!!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 2023 Unhappy New Year

Something Good to report!

A Layperson's look at Scientific papers about Afib and Exercise